Buy and manage a Nest Aware subscription
We’ve made it easier to buy Nest Aware subscription. You can now choose your plan, purchase it online in minutes, and get started right away. If you already have a Nest Aware subscription, you can also start enjoying new features right away.
Nest Aware subscriptions have new features, a simpler purchase process, and pricing that’s easier to understand. We think you’ll like them.
Nest Aware is a new subscription service that offers you access to Nest Cam indoor and outdoor cameras, as well as the ability to view your home on an iPhone or Android phone.
With this new subscription, you can:
- See live video from anywhere in your home using the iOS or Android app (or via browser). This allows you to see what’s happening when you’re away—and even make it look like someone else is home!
- Protect against intruders by setting up motion sensors or check-in alerts when motion is detect in specific areas of your house. It’s easy to customize these settings based on where they need protection most: upstairs? downstairs? On any floor? Or even just around windows!
What’s new with Nest Aware?
The Nest Aware subscription is now a paid service, and it includes both indoor and outdoor cameras. It’s also available for the Nest Hello doorbell camera, which was previously sold separately.
Nest Aware subscriptions are now available in the Nest app and through remote access via your smartphone or tablet (Nest Guard; $10/month). To start using your new subscription, log in to your account settings at nest.com/support and enter your payment details on the Payment Information page.
How does the new Nest Aware work?
The new Nest Aware subscription will cost $10 per month, and the plan includes access to all of the same features as before. Customers can choose between two plans: Basic and Plus. The former provides access to basic alerts and notifications for temperature, humidity, indoor air quality (IAQ), CO2 levels in your house or office environment—allowing you to know when it’s time for a cleaning or maintenance checkup. The latter offers additional features such as battery health monitoring and smart doorbells that can be used with Alexa voice commands or Google Assistant integration.
The cancellation process has also been updated on both platforms: If you cancel within 60 days of purchasing a Nest Aware subscription, then any remaining credits will be refunded back into your account within two weeks; otherwise they’ll expire after six months without being used up completely first.*
- Some terms may vary depending upon location
What about my current subscription?
If you’re currently subscribed to Nest Aware and would like to keep your current plan, it’s easy:
- Cancel your existing subscription. Once canceled, the subscription will be removed from your account immediately and any remaining fees paid for that month will be refunded. You won’t need to wait for billing cycles or anything like that!
- Add a new camera. After canceling your old one and switching over to the new one (or adding a third-party security system), sign up again with Nest Aware as normal—and this time choose “Add Another Camera” under Account Management instead of Sign Up Again For Free Trial at bottom of page!
If there’s anything else I can help with let me know!
What if I already purchased a Nest Aware subscription for Nest Cam Indoor or Outdoor?
If you have a Nest Aware subscription for the indoor camera and/or outdoor camera, you can cancel your current plan and then subscribe at a lower rate.
If you do not want to continue with your current plan, but would like to subscribe to one of the new plans (or vice versa), please contact us at [email protected]. We’ll be happy to help!
What if I already purchased a Nest Aware subscription for Nest Hello?
If you already purchased a Nest Aware subscription for Nest Hello and want to continue using the service, simply visit the Nest Aware app. If you’ve already paid for a new subscription through the website or through Apple’s iTunes store, it will automatically appear in your list of purchases.
It’s easy to add additional discounts on an existing subscription that hasn’t expired yet:
- Go back into the Nest Aware app and tap “Manage Subscriptions” at the bottom right corner of your screen next time when logged in (or login first if not logged in).
- Select “Add Discount Code.” This opens up another page where you can enter this code along with information about how many months left before expiration date (should notedown carefully!), amount paid per month etc., making sure not write anything incorrectly as this may cause trouble later on!
How do I buy a new subscription for my camera or doorbell?
- Go to nest.com and sign in with your username and password.
- Click on the camera or doorbell you want to add a subscription to, then click on Settings (the gear icon).
- Select Add Subscription from the menu at the top of this page, then select your desired subscription from the Available Subscriptions list that appears below it (if one isn’t available yet, try clicking Buy New Subscription).
How do I cancel my Nest Aware subscription?
If you don’t want to renew your Nest Aware subscription, you can cancel it. To do so:
- Go to https://nest.com/settings/account and click on the Nest Aware subscription you want to cancel (or if you have multiple subscriptions active, select each one individually).
- Click on the “Cancel subscription” option under that subscription’s status in the top right corner of your account page and follow any additional instructions provided by Nest
Can I change my plan anytime?
You can change your plan anytime. You can upgrade or downgrade your plan, and add Nest Aware to an existing Nest Cam or Nest Hello.
- If you have an existing subscription, you can add the camera(s) that are includ in that subscription at any time by visiting https://myaccount.nest.com/addcameras/ (Note: This link is not active for all customers.)
- If you have purchased a new subscription and have not yet started using it, as soon as our system recognizes that we’ve received payment from you for each device associated with your account, we will automatically start charging those devices’ subscriptions according to their individual terms.*
If I buy more cameras, can I add a discount to the new camera(s)?
Yes, you can add a discount to the new camera(s). You can do this by following these steps:
- Add your new camera(s) as an additional product in the Nest Aware subscription. This will allow you to apply a discount for each of them as well.
- Select “Add” next to all of your existing devices when editing your account from there on out (it’s under “Settings”).
We hope that you will buy Nest Aware subscription and enjoy the new features. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.